Yield: 3 cups
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Chill Time: 45 minutes
Freeze Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 5 hours, 35 minutes
1. Place the coconut milk in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium, stirring often until it reaches a gentle boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until coconut milk has reduced by 50%, about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the strawberries and banana in a high-powered blender or food processer. Puree until smooth.
3. Remove coconut milk from heat. Stir in banana, strawberry mixture, and stevia. Transfer to a large bowl, then cover and refrigerate until completely cool, about 45 minutes.
4. Whip the heavy cream to medium peaks. Scoop about ½ cup of whipped cream into the cooled coconut/strawberry mixture. Fold to fully incorporate. Fold in the remaining whipped cream and chocolate chips. Continue folding until combined and smooth.
5. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze 4 to 5 hours. Serve and enjoy! If freezing overnight, let ice cream rest on the counter top for 25 to 30 minutes to soften up.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.