Yield: 24 Cookies
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour + 20 minutes freeze time
Total Time: 2 hours
Special Equipment: Bat shaped cookie cutter
1. Chop chocolate bar into small pieces and melt over a double boiler or in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy about 1 minute. Beat in egg and vanilla, then beat in melted chocolate and mix until smooth. Gradually add the flour mixture and continue mixing until fully combined and a stiff dough has formed.
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and flatten into a to a large disk. Refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.
5. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to ¼ -inch thickness. Cut cookies with a bat shaped cookie cutter.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.