Yield: 28 Cookies
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours + 15 minutes freeze time
Total Time:3 hours
1. Melt chocolate chunks over a double boiler or in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy about 1 minute. Beat in eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. Gradually add the flour mixture and continue mixing until fully combined and a stiff dough has formed.
4. Remove half of the dough and set aside. Add melted chocolate to remaining dough in mixer. Continue beating on low speed until fully combined.
5. Place a sheet of parchment paper on your work surface and lightly flour. Shape and roll chocolate dough into a, 8 x 12-inch rectangle. Shape and roll the reserved vanilla dough into a 8 x 12-inch rectangle and transfer to top of chocolate dough. Gently and tightly roll the dough into a tube. Wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Cut dough into ¼ inch cookies and transfer to prepared baking sheets, reshape into circles as necessary. Freeze cookies for 15 minutes.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.