Yield: 15 donuts
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 32 minutes
Cooling Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 32 minutes
Special Equipment: Donut pans with 3-inch cavities
For the Donuts:
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray donut pans with organic non-stick cooking spray.
2. Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the maple syrup, brown sugar, butter, orange zest and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg until well mixed. With the mixer on low, gradually add ½ of the flour mixture, then add the milk. Gradually add remaining flour mixture, and then add the orange juice. Continue mixing until fully incorporated.
4. Transfer batter to prepared donut pans. Bake in the preheated oven until donuts spring back to the touch, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Remove from pans and transfer to a wire rack.
For the Topping:
1. Reduce oven temperature to 300ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Stir together chopped pecans, maple syrup, orange juice and orange zest. Transfer to prepared baking sheet, spreading the pecans into a single layer. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, flipping the pecans halfway through baking.
3. Remove from oven and cool completely.
For the Chocolate Icing:
1. Melt the chocolate chips and butter over a double boiler or in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and combined. Set aside to cool slightly then transfer to a shallow bowl.
2. Dip the top half of each donut into chocolate. Sprinkle pecans on top and enjoy!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.