Yield: 24 Cookies
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
1. Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips over a double boiler or in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy about 1 minute. Beat in egg then add mint extract, vanilla and melted chocolate and mix until smooth. Gradually add the flour mixture and continue mixing until fully combined and a stiff dough has formed.
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and flatten into a to a disk. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to ¼ -inch thickness. Cut out cookies. Collect and reroll scraps as necessary. Transfer cookies to prepared baking sheets.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
7. Melt remaining chocolate chips over a double boiler or in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Drizzle chocolate over cooled cookies. Transfer to refrigerator until chocolate set. Store cookies in an airtight container.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.