Yield: 18 Pieces
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
Cooling Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. Beat the butter and sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. With the mixer on low, beat in eggs, then add lemon juice, lemon zest and almond extract. Continue mixing until smooth, about 1 minute. Gradually add the flour mixture and continue mixing until fully combined and a stiff dough has formed. Mix in the pistachios.
3. Divide the dough in half. Shape each into a log, about 8-10 inches long and 1-inch thick. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 350F. Transfer each cooled log to a cutting board. Cut 1-inch pieces on the diagonal. Return cut pieces to baking sheet and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes, flipping each piece halfway through baking. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
5. Melt chocolate chunks and coconut oil over a double boiler or in a microwave on low power, stirring every 15 to 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Dip cooled biscotti into chocolate. Return to parchment paper and refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes. Enjoy with coffee or your favorite warm beverage!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.