Yield: 32 pops
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
1. In a large bowl, crumble the prepared vanilla cake. Repeat the process with the chocolate cake in another large bowl. Add 4 ounces of softened cream cheese to each bowl. Work the cream cheese into the crumbled cake with your hands until the mixture is moist enough to form into balls. Add more cream cheese, if needed.
2. Form the chocolate and vanilla cake mixture into 16 balls for each flavor. Each ball should contain about 1 heaping tablespoon.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, melt 3 ounces of the white chocolate or dark chocolate chips. Microwave in 20-30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted.
4. Press a lollipop stick into one of the balls of vanilla cake mixture until it is halfway through. Remove, then dip the tip of the stick into the melted white or dark chocolate, then insert back into the hole that was made with the stick. Place the stick with the cake ball on it into a block of craft foam to set. Repeat the process with the remaining balls and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
5. After the cake balls are chilled, separately melt the white chocolate and dark chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
6. Working 1 at a time, dip the cake balls straight down into the melted chocolate, twisting to evenly coat. Pull the cake pop out and allow to drip upside down. Lightly scrape the pop on the edge of the bowl to remove the chocolate peak that has formed on the top of the cake pop. Gently tap the stick of the cake pop to even out the chocolate, then place back in the craft foam. Coat half the cake pops in dark chocolate and the other half in white chocolate. Place the cake pops back in the refrigerator to set.
7. Meanwhile, make the icing to decorate. Place the egg white in a bowl and sift in the powdered sugar. Beat the egg white mixture with an electric mixture until the icing becomes light and fluffy. Color with food coloring, as desired. Place the color(s) in a piping bag. After the cake pops are set, decorate with frosting and sprinkles to your liking. Enjoy!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.