Yield: 16 Servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes
Cooling Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Combine chocolate chunks, sugar, brown sugar and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each, until chocolate and butter are melted.
4. Mix in eggs and then add the vanilla. Add the flour mixture and continue mixing until fully combined. Scoop out 1/2 cup of the batter and set aside. Stir in cherries to the large bowl of batter. Pour brownie batter into prepared pan and use a spatula to smooth the surface
5. Combine cream cheese, egg, sugar and flour in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until combined and smooth.
6. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter and use a spatula to smooth the top and create an even layer. Add small dollops of the reserved brownie batter on top of the cream cheese layer. Swirl together with a wooden skewer or toothpick. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
7. Store brownies overnight in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.