Yield: 15 donuts
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Cooling Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 12 minutes
Special Equipment: Donut pans with 3-inch cavities
For the Donuts:
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray donut pans with organic non-stick cooking spray.
2. Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. Melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler or in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and combined. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg until well mixed. With the mixer on low, gradually add ½ of the flour mixture, then add the milk. Gradually add remaining flour mixture. Continue mixing until fully incorporated.
4. Pipe batter to prepared donut pans. Bake until donuts spring back to the touch, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Remove from pans and transfer to a wire rack.
For the Icing:
1. Break the white chocolate bar into small pieces. Melt white chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler or in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and combined. Set aside to cool slightly then transfer to a shallow bowl.
2. Dip the top half of each donut into chocolate. Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top and enjoy!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.