Yield: 12 cupcakes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Cooling Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 47 minutes
For the Whipped Ganache Frosting:
1. Chop the white chocolate bars into small pieces and place in a medium bowl.
2. Heat heavy cream in a saucepan over low heat, stirring often until warm and just starts to simmer. Remove from heat and pour warm cream over white chocolate. Let the mixture stand for 1 minute, then stir continuously until white chocolate is melted and the mixture is fully combined and smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
3. Whip the chilled ganache with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Do not over whip or ganache will separate and become grainy. Cover and refrigerate while preparing cupcakes.
For the Cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake papers.
2. Chop the bittersweet chocolate bar into small pieces and melt over a double boiler or in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and butter with an electric mixer until just combined. Add the melted chocolate and beat once more. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg until well mixed. With the mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture and milk, alternating between the two until both are just incorporated.
5. Transfer batter to prepared cupcake pans, filling each cup ⅔ full. Bake in the preheated oven until cupcakes spring back to the touch, about 18-22 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
6. Pipe the prepared ganache frosting on top of each cupcake. Garnish with maraschino cherries and enjoy!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.