1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 2 (9x13-inch) cookie sheets with baking paper.
2. In a medium bowl, beat together the coconut oil and brown sugar until well combined. Slowly drizzle in the molasses while beating the coconut oil mixture. Add the vanilla and water, then stir once more to combine.
3. In another medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until well mixed. Add the 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks and stir until evenly distributed.
4. Roll the dough into 14 evenly sized balls, using about 2 tablespoons of dough for each. Roll the balls in the 1/3 cup sugar and place on the baking sheets.
5. Bake in the oven until the cookies begin to crack, about 12 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven, then press 3 dark chocolate chunks into each cookie, while they are still hot. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.