Yield: 1, 9-inch pie
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooling Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
For the crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Stir together the graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a bowl. Add melted butter and continue stirring until fully combined and moistened. Press mixture in the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
2. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Set aside to cool while preparing the filling.
For the filling:
1. Whisk together sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Add the milk, cream, and egg yolks. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until mixture has thickened and starts to boil, about 7 to 9 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips, butter, and instant coffee. Continue mixing until combined and smooth. Pour filling into pie shell and smooth the top with a spatula. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
For the topping:
1. Melt semisweet chips over a double boiler or in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Combine cream, sugar, and vanilla in mixing bowl. Whip with an electric mixer over high speed until stiff peaks have formed. Transfer to top of chilled pie then drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Serve and enjoy!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.