Yield: 12 Servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
For the cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together sugar and butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg until well mixed. With the mixer on low, gradually add 1/3 of the flour mixture followed by 1/3 of the buttermilk, continue alternating until both are fully incorporated. Add vanilla, then rainbow sprinkles and continue mixing until incorporated.
4. Transfer batter to prepared pan, use a spatula to smooth the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cake is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely.
For the chocolate frosting:
1. Melt bittersweet chips over a double boiler or in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Place butter and powdered sugar in a in a mixing bowl. Beat with an eclectic mixer until combined and smooth, about 1 minute. Add melted chocolate and continue beating until fully incorporated about 1 to 2 minutes more.
3. Transfer icing to cooled cake. Use a spatula to smooth the surface. Sprinkle rainbow sprinkles on top. Cut into squares before severing and enjoy!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.