Yield: 1, 9-inch pie
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 55 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
For the crust
1. Combine flour and salt in a food processor. Pulse a few times until combined. Add the butter and pulse 10-12 times or until a coarse meal has formed. Slowly add the water and continue pulsing until dough as formed. Flatten dough into a disk and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least one hour or up to 2 days.
2. On a floured surface, roll chilled dough into a 12-inch circle, then transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Crimp the edges. Return to refrigerator while preparing the filling.
For the filling:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place corn syrup, granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir until fully combined and smooth. Add chocolate chunks and pecans and stir to fully incorporate into the mixture.
2. Pour filling into prepared pie pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until pie is set, but still just slightly jiggly in the center. Cover pie with aluminum foil after about 30 minutes of baking to prevent browning.
3. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.