Yield: 1, 9-inch pie
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Cooling Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours, 47 minutes
For the Crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Stir together the cookie crumbs and sugar in medium bowl. Add melted butter and continue stirring until fully combined.
2. Press mixture in the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Transfer to oven and bake 10-12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
For the Filling:
1. Whisk together sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Add the Irish cream, milk, and heavy cream, whisking constantly. Whisk in the egg yolks. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until mixture has thickened and is boiling, about 7 to 9 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chunks and butter. Continue mixing until combined and smooth.
3. Transfer filling to prepared pie shell. Smooth the top with a spatula. Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the filling to prevent a “skin” from forming. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
For the Topping:
1. Combine cream, sugar, and vanilla in mixing bowl. Whip with an electric mixer over high speed until soft peaks have formed. Remove plastic wrap from pie. Transfer whipped cream to chilled pie and top with chopped chocolate.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.