Yield: 24 Cookies
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Bake Time: 9-11 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour + 10 minutes freeze time
Total Time: 2 hours, 6 minutes
1. Pour hot water over instant coffee. Stir until incorporated and set aside. Combine flour and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat the butter and sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla and coffee mixture. Gradually add the flour mixture and continue mixing until fully combined and a stiff dough has formed.
3. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and flatten into a disk. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to ¼ -inch thickness. Cut out 2-inch circles. Collect and reroll scraps as necessary. Transfer cookies to prepared baking sheets, then place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
5. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
6. Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler or in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
7. Dip each cookie in chocolate. Return to parchment-lined pans and transfer to refrigerator until set, about 10 minutes. Store cookies in an airtight container.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.