Yield: 12 Servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
For the cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg until well mixed. With the mixer on low, gradually add half of the flour mixture followed by half of the milk, continue alternating until both flour mixture and milk are fully incorporated. Set batter aside.
For the crumb layer:
1. Place flour, brown sugar, oatmeal and butter in a food processor. Pulse for 30 seconds or until fully combined and course crumbed are formed.
2. Transfer half of the batter to prepared pan, use a spatula to smooth the top. Place half of the crumb mixture on top. Add remaining cake batter followed by remaining crumb mixture.
3. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely.
For the chocolate topping:
1. Melt milk chocolate chips and butter over a double boiler or in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Drizzle chocolate over cooled crumb cake. Cut into squares and enjoy!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.