Yield: 18 cupcakes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
For the cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line cupcake pans with liners and set aside.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon ginger, cardamom, nutmeg and black pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
3. Place chocolate chips and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between each until chocolate and butter are melted. Add eggs and sugar and stir to fully incorporate. Add half of the flour mixture and mix by hand until just incorporated. Mix in the milk, then add in remaining flour mixture. Continue mixing by hand until combined and smooth.
4. Transfer batter to prepared cupcake pans, filling each cavity just over halfway full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
For the icing:
1. Combine cream cheese, butter, ginger and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer on highspeed until combined and smooth. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time until desired consistency and sweetness is reached.
2. Pipe icing on cupcakes and enjoy! Store cupcakes in an airtight container in refrigerator.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.