Yield: 1, 9-inch pie
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 27 minutes
Cooling Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours, 47 minutes
For the crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Stir together the cookie crumbs and sugar in medium bowl. Add melted butter and mashed banana and continue stirring until fully combined.
2. Press mixture in the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Transfer to oven and bake for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
For the filling:
1. Whisk together sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Add milk and heavy cream, whisking constantly. Whisk in the egg yolks. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until mixture has thickened and is boiling, about 7 to 9 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in chocolate chunks and butter. Continue mixing until combined and smooth.
3. Transfer about 1 cup of filling to prepared pie shell. Smooth with a spatula then place a layer of sliced bananas on top. Add another cup of filling, followed by another layer of bananas. Place remaining filling on top of bananas and use a spatula to smooth the top. Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the filling to prevent a “skin” from forming. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
For the topping:
1. Combine cream, sugar and vanilla in mixing bowl. Whip with an electric mixer over high speed until medium peaks have formed. Remove plastic wrap from pie. Transfer whipped cream to chilled pie and top with chopped chocolate.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.