Yield: 20 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
For the topping:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place pecans in a bowl and toss with melted butter. Sprinkle on sugar and stir to coat. Transfer to baking sheet, spreading in an even layer. Bake 4-6 minutes or until fragrant. Be careful not to over bake as pecans burn quickly. Set aside to cool completely.
For the toffee:
1. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
2. Whisk together monkfruit sweetener and cream of tartar in a large saucepan. Add heavy cream and butter, then cook over medium heat, stirring often until the butter is melted. Continue cooking mixture over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture turns golden amber color, or a candy thermometer reads 280 degrees. Pour mixture into prepared pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until top has hardened.
3. Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each, until chocolate is melted.
4. Pour chocolate over toffee and spread in an even layer. Sprinkle on pecans. Transfer to refrigerator and chill until toffee has completely cooled, about 2 hours.
5. Cut into squares or small pieces before serving. Store toffee in an airtight container at room temperature.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.